Young Professionals ProgramSponsor: Gro
The Young Professionals Program offers NAYDO Members between the ages of 21 and 31 a unique and exceptional conference experience focused on networking,professional development and mentoring.
Through this program, NAYDO Young Professionals will set personal goals and outcomes for their time at the conference, connect with peers and mentors from around the world, increase capacity to deliver on philanthropic goals at their Y and deepen their understanding of and commitment to a culture of philanthropy. For the supervisors of young professionals, this is a unique opportunity to invest in young staff members to advance the culture of philanthropy through a new generation of professionals.
Since its inception at the NAYDO 2010 Conference, 215 young professionals have completed the program. See if you know any of our active Young Professionals Alumni on the YP Alumni Roster.
Young Professionals – As a result of your participation you will:
- Receive priority consideration if you apply for conference financial assistance.
- Determine personal goals and outcomes for the conference with your supervisor
- Receive a recommended customized schedule of workshops to attend based on your goals
- Have the opportunity to participate in a pre-Conference (Tuesday) Philanthropy Live! Project 2 (Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana) with fellow Young Professionals
- Participate in an evening specifically for young professionals from 4:30 – 8:30 pm on the opening night of the conference (Tuesday, April 24) with the first portion being a reception with Alumni during the Meet and Greet, followed by a short program and then dinner at the Grand Isle Restaurant exclusively for the Class of 2018 and participants in the new Under 40 Board Members Program
- Discover numerous opportunities to network not only with other young professionals but with recognized leaders in the YMCA movement
- Have the opportunity to volunteer for registration – a great place to meet people!!
- Be recognized at the conference
- Be invited to communicate with others in the program through calls/e-mail/etc.
Supervisors – As a result of supporting a Young Professional’s participation you will:
- Cultivate more committed, engaged staff with the potential to positively impact staff retention rates
- Provide training opportunities at no additional cost to your association through webinars, mentoring opportunities and peer networking
- Build capacity of staff to understand, articulate and deliver on philanthropic goals of your YMCA
- Have staff with enhanced professional skills including goal-setting, organization, public speaking, fundraising and more
- Support staff development assisted by external specialists
- Increase visibility of your YMCA through recognition at NAYDO conference
- NOTE: Young Professionals are required to attend the following sessions if selected for the program:
- Tuesday 4:30 - 8:30 pm (3 events):
- Meet & Greet Reception with Young Professional Alumni in Exhibit Hall from 4:30 - 5:15 pm
- Orientation Meeting with Class of 2018 from 5:15 - 6:15 pm - Dinner at Grand Isle Restaurant from 6:30 - 8:30 pm offsite with Under 40 Board Member Program participants (cost of dinner included in registration fee)
- Wednesday 8:15 - 9:00 am Hot Topics -Round A
9:15 - 10:00 am (Optional) Mentoring Session
- Thursday 3:45 -5:00 pm Philanthropy Forum for Class of 2018 (during Round 7)
- Tuesday 4:30 - 8:30 pm (3 events):
- NOTE: Tuesday 8:00 am - 2:00 pm Philanthropy Live! Project 2 is exclusively for Young Professionals and Alumni and is strongly recommended.
Sign up on your conference registration form
Young Professionals Mentoring Opportunities
OPEN to ALL Young Professionals; not limited to Class of 2018
Created by NAYDO Young Professionals Alumni, the Mentoring Sessions are designed to give young professionals the opportunity to strike up conversations with inspirational leaders whom they may otherwise not be able to connect with during the conference. Seasoned Y professionals and retirees from the YMCA Movement volunteer to be mentors.
Option 1: Wednesday, 9:15 - 10:00 am (during Hot Topics Round B)
Option 2: Thursday, 7:45 - 8:30 am (during breakfast)
Option 3: On your own during the conference; Ali LeRoy will match mentors with Young Professionals in advance and you can select your own time to meet during the conference.
If you have questions on mentoring, contact:
Ali LeRoy, email@example.com.
Download the 2018 Young Professionals Program Application
Application Deadline: December 4, 2017
If it is past this deadline and you have unique circumstances that caused you to miss it (example: new hire), contact the NAYDO Office at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding late application options.
Questions about the program? Contact NAYDO Office or
Bruce Ham, Young Professionals Chair, email@example.com, or Ali LeRoy, NAYDO Young Professionals Alumni Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.