Young Professionals ProgramSponsor: Gro
Program Chair: Bruce Ham, YMCA of the Triangle, email@example.com
2019 Alumni Coordinator: Abby Waeiss, YMCA of Greater Indianapolis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Advisor: Erica Halpern, YMCA of Greater New Orleans, email@example.com
The Young Professionals Program offers NAYDO Members who are YMCA staff between the ages of 21 and 31 a unique and exceptional conference experience focused on networking, professional development and mentoring.
Through this program, NAYDO Young Professionals will set personal goals and outcomes for their time at the conference, connect with peers and mentors from around the world, increase capacity to deliver on philanthropic goals at their Y and deepen their understanding of and commitment to a culture of philanthropy. For the supervisors of young professionals, this is a unique opportunity to invest in young staff members to advance the culture of philanthropy through a new generation of professionals.
Since its inception at the NAYDO 2010 Conference, 240 young professionals have completed the program. See if you know any of our active Young Professionals Alumni on the YP Alumni Roster.
Young Professionals – As a result of your participation you will:
- Receive priority consideration if you apply for conference financial assistance.
- Determine personal goals and outcomes for the conference with your supervisor
- Receive a recommended customized schedule of workshops to attend based on your goals
- Have the opportunity to participate in a pre-Conference (Wednesday) Philanthropy Live! Project 2: Laurelwood Program Site of the Intercollegiate YMCA "Serving the Underserved" with other staff and volunteers under age 40
- Be recognized for completion of the program as a member of the Class of 2019 if you attend the required sessions outlined below.
Supervisors – As a result of supporting a Young Professional’s participation you will:
- Cultivate more committed, engaged staff with the potential to positively impact staff retention rates
- Provide training opportunities at no additional cost to your association through webinars, mentoring opportunities and peer networking
- Build capacity of staff to understand, articulate and deliver on philanthropic goals of your YMCA
- Have staff with enhanced professional skills including goal-setting, organization, public speaking, fundraising and more
- Support staff development assisted by external specialists
- Increase visibility of your YMCA through recognition at NAYDO conference
- Required Sessions if selected for the program:
4:45 - 5:45 pm Power Hour - Orientation for Class of 2019
Thursday, April 4
8:15 - 9:00 am Hot Topics -Round A
Friday, April 5
3:30 -4:45 pm Philanthropy Forum for Class of 2019 (during Round 7)
- Optional Activities:
1:00 - 3:00 pm Philanthropy Live! Project 2 --Laurelwood Program Site of the Intercollegiate YMCA "Serving the Underserved" exclusively for attendees under Age 40; highly recommended for Young Professionals Class of 2019
Wednesday, April 3
6:30 - 7:30 pm Under 40 Social for both staff and board members
Thursday, April 4
9:30 - 10:15 am (Round B of Hot Topics) Mentoring Opportunity
Download the 2019 Young Professionals Program Application
Application Deadline: December 4, 2018
Once it is past this deadline and if you have unique circumstances that caused you to miss it (example: new hire), contact the NAYDO Office at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding late application options.
Questions about the program?
Contact NAYDO Office or
Bruce Ham, Young Professionals Chair, email@example.com, or
Erica Halpern, NAYDO Network Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.