NAYDO is a volunteer-driven organization and each year 1 in 4 attendees volunteers: from serving on the Conference Committee to presenting a workshop to assisting with registration or any one of the many other opportunities. Volunteering is not just for currently employed staff attending the conference. We welcome current and former staff as well as YMCA retirees. Check out our Alumni and Retiree Team (ART).
(advance and onsite work)
Key leadership roles are appointed by the NAYDO Council more than 18 months in advance of the conference dates, but there are many other positions on the committee that are recruited early in the year of the conference and some during the conference itself at the meeting for those interested in serving for the following years. Besides the Chair for each of these categories there is a team of volunteers who assist. The teams are as follows:
- Educational Tracks (Deans are recruited for each track)
- Communications Awards
- Session Volunteers (Workshop Conveners and Hosts)
- Philanthropy Live!
- Promotion Campaign
- Hot Topics (Facilitators and Recorders)
- Networks (view that section of this website for details on the 10 different Networks available)
The committee holds monthly conference calls and key leaders meet for a 1-day planning meeting at NAYDO’s expense in June at the conference site.
Volunteer Positions During the Conference
(sign up on 2024 Conference registration form)
- Workshop Host or Convener
- Hot Topic Facilitator or Recorder
- Young Professional Mentor (must be a seasoned professional available during Round B Hot Topics)
- Work a Registration Shift
Contact Mary Zoller in the NAYDO Office for more details about any of these roles.