NAYDO is a volunteer-driven organization and each year 1 in 4 attendees volunteers: from serving on the Conference Committee to presenting a workshop to assisting with registration or any one of the many other opportunities. Volunteering is not just for currently employed staff attending the conference. We welcome current and former staff as well as YMCA retirees. Check out our Alumni and Retiree Team (ART).
(advance and onsite work)
Key leadership roles are appointed by the NAYDO Council more than 18 months in advance of the conference dates, but there are many other positions on the committee that are recruited early in the year of the conference and some during the conference itself at the meeting for those interested in serving for the following years. Besides the Chair for each of these categories there is a team of volunteers who assist. Typically the teams are as follows though we have had to adjust this list for our Virtual 2021 Conference:
- Educational Tracks (Deans are recruited for each track)
- General Sessions
- Communications Awards
- Session Volunteers (Workshop Conveners and Hosts)
- Philanthropy Live!
- Promotion Campaign
- Hot Topics
- Networks (view that section of this website for details on the 10 different Networks available)
The committee holds monthly conference calls and key leaders meet for a 1-day planning meeting at NAYDO’s expense in June at the conference site.
Volunteer Positions During the Conference
(sign up at email@example.com at this point in time)
- Present a workshop (Call for Presentation no longer available for 2021) (Gloria Price at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Facilitate a Hot Topic table discussion
- Serve as a Tech Assistant for participants
- Serve as a workshop or Hot Topics convener (introduces speaker and manages Q & A/discussion)
- Serve as a Virtual Mentor for Young Professionals (Staff or Board)(Abby Waeiss at email@example.com)
Contact Mary Zoller in the NAYDO Office for more details about any of these roles or the Coordinator indicated.