2024 Financial Assistance
Conference Assistance is a NAYDO Member benefit. If you are not a current NAYDO Association Member, visit the Membership page to join BEFORE you request Conference Financial Assistance.
NAYDO Conference Financial Assistance Application
Steps to apply for conference financial assistance:
2. Make sure each of them as activated their Association Membership benefits.
5. Complete the Conference Financial Assistance Form.
You can apply for one or two types of assistance.
Types of Financial Assistance
REGISTRATION: All registration fees awarded at the October 30, 2023, Members Only Deadline rate and applied internally. Registration Fee is $725 after the $50 application fee is applied. Regardless of the date of your application, list your fee request at $725 for registration amount.
TRAVEL ASSISTANCE: In advance, you will need to calculate the anticipated cost of hotel, airfare, transportation to/from hotel, or parking and mileage per person and determine an amount for your request per person. You receive this assistance onsite in the form of a check made payable to your YMCA but it is not a lump sum for your Y but rather individual checks and each person is required to personally pick up and sign for their check once in Denver.
Financial Assistance Guidelines
2. Financial Assistance is available to any NAYDO Association Member.
3. Priority will be given to YMCAs who have the greatest financial needs and who:
- Have not attended a NAYDO Conference before
- Are first time applicants
- Are not running current support campaigns, but are committed to do so within the next year
- Are bringing both staff and volunteers to the conference
- Have had a CEO change resulting in a new CEO starting within the 18 months prior to April 2024.
- Have applied for NAYDO Young Professionals Class of 2024 or are Alumni of the program
- Are Board Members under 40 and interested in NAYDO Young Professionals Program
- Serve in a volunteer capacity on the planning committee and/or onsite during the conference
5. Financial assistance recipients will authorize use of comments from their letters (see #4) in NAYDO promotional pieces including e-blasts, web site, brochure, Developments, NAYDO videos, mobile app, social media and other applicable communications.
Questions? Contact Mary Zoller in the NAYDO Office or call 504 858 3379, or contact NAYDO Financial Assistance Chair Gerry Knox.
CFRE Certification CreditApproved conference sessions provide Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification credit. Tracking your participation is available through the event app. Visit CFRE for information on certification, and join in a session at the 2024 NAYDO Conference in Denver.
Y-USA Leadership Certification Credits
For U.S. attendees, the NAYDO Conference earns you 16 Leadership Certification Credits. The NAYDO Conference counts as experience credit for Team Leader and Multi-team Leader Certification; as an elective for the Organizational Leader Bridge Program and counts as recertification credit for the Multi-Team and Branch Leader or Organizational Leader certifications. In order for this to show up properly on your YMCA of the USA transcript, you will need to provide on your NAYDO Conference registration form the following information: date of birth, and email address. If any items are left blank, NAYDO cannot submit your record to Y-USA. For any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.