Pandemic Guidelines for 2022 Conference
Approved by NAYDO Council: February 9, 2022
Update #1: March 6, 2022
Update # 2: March 16, 2022
Update # 3: March 21, 2022
NAYDO established guidelines for conference activities to promote safety for all attendees, speakers, and exhibitors. We are closely monitoring the status of the pandemic, staying abreast of the latest trends in large group events regarding safety practices and attendee guidelines, and consulting with our medical advisor. As promised this information is being updated, and the process simplified as conditions are changing. There will be an additional update before the conference.
Purpose: Start the conference with acknowledgement by all involved of the steps they have personally taken to minimize the risk of exposure to or spread of Covid to others.
Onsite Registration Check-In for: Attendees, Speakers, Onsite Exhibitors, and Guests
Stop #1: Safety Check-in Point (Tampa Marriott Water Street Meeting Room 4-Level 2)
1. Acknowledge awareness of Covid symptoms and steps to take if you experience them onsite
2. Be prepared to show
* proof of vaccination OR
* a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours
NOTE: The government funding for the company that was to provide onsite testing was abruptly cut and therefore we cannot offer this option (March 21 update).
3. Receive your name tag insert and proceed to Registration Center in Exhibit Hall.
NOTE: Proof can be print or electronic as it is for viewing purposes only.
Stop #2: Registration and Information Center (Tampa Marriott Water Street Grand Ballroom Exhibits 2-3)
1. Pick up your name tag pouch, ribbons, Schedule at a Glance, exhibitor guide and attendee gifts.
2. Enjoy some refreshments, get your questions answered and visit some amazing exhibits!
Bring a mask (you will need it on the plane) and hand sanitizer with you
If you choose maximum protection, wear a mask in workshops, Hot Topics, general sessions and on buses. The only events where masks are still required are:
Philanthropy Live! Project 4: Metropolitan Ministries - masks are required by Metropolitan Ministries
Impact Tour C Speer YMCA Preschool Academy - masks are required if not vaccinated.
1. Stay in room
2. Text NAYDO at 504 858 3379 to request a temperature device, rapid test, location of nearest urgent care or emergency room.
3. Share results with NAYDO via text (504 858 3379) and remain in room for next steps.4. If positive, share with NAYDO which Hot Topics, workshops, and other activities you have attended. You are responsible for informing your association.
Bring medications and needed personal items for additional days in case you have to quarantine before traveling home.
Consider purchasing COVID or travel insurance that includes a clause for the pandemic.