Young Professionals Network
Not to be confused with the NAYDO Conference Young Professionals Class of 2021 and involves a selection process (see below), the Young Professionals Network is open to all NAYDO Association Members and Virtual Training Subscribers. Select the Young Professionals Network when you activate your benefits giving NAYDO permission to send you emails. If you need assistance with signing up, just email firstname.lastname@example.org but if you have questions about the activities, contact 2021 Young Professionals Network Coordinator: Abby Waeiss, YMCA of Greater Indianapolis, email@example.com.
While year-round events are available to all under age 40, virtual conference events are limited to those selected for the NAYDO Young Professionals Class of 2021:
Young Professionals Class of 2021
Hot Topics Power Hour - Round B
Tuesday, April 13
4:15-5:15 pm Central
Young Professionals Class of 2021 Philanthropy Forum
Thursday, April 15
12:15-1:15 pm Central
Contact your Network leaders for more specific details on year-round activities.
Young Professionals Class of 2021Application Deadline was December 4, 2020 ** but you can still apply until further notice.
NAYDO Council Liaison: Bruce Ham, YMCA of the Triangle, firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Young Professional & Alumni Coordinator: Abby Waeiss, YMCA of Greater Indianapolis, email@example.com
Program Advisor: Erica Halpern, YMCA of Greater New Orleans, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Young Professionals Program offers NAYDO Association Members and Virtual Training Subscribers who are YMCA staff (part time or full time) between the ages of 21 and 31 (by August 31, 2021) a unique and exceptional conference experience focused on networking, professional development and mentoring.
Through this program, NAYDO Young Professionals will set personal goals and outcomes for their time at the conference, connect with peers and mentors from around the world, increase capacity to deliver on philanthropic goals at their Y and deepen their understanding of and commitment to a culture of philanthropy. For the supervisors of young professionals, this is a unique opportunity to invest in young staff members to advance the culture of philanthropy through a new generation of professionals.
Since its inception at the NAYDO 2010 Conference, 240 young professionals have completed the program. See if you know any of our active Young Professionals Alumni on the YP Alumni Roster.
**Download the Young Professsionals Class of 2021 Application Form.
Once it is past this deadline of December 4, 2020 if you have unique circumstances that caused you to miss it (example: new hire), contact the NAYDO Office at email@example.com regarding late application options.
Young Professionals – As a result of your participation you will:
- Receive priority consideration if you apply for conference financial assistance.
- Determine personal goals and outcomes for the conference with your supervisor
- Receive a recommended customized schedule of workshops to attend based on your goals
- Be recognized for completion of the program as a member of the Class of 2021 if you participate in the required sessions.
Supervisors – As a result of supporting a Young Professional’s participation you will:
- Cultivate more committed, engaged staff with the potential to positively impact staff retention rates
- Provide training opportunities at no additional cost to your association through webinars, mentoring opportunities and peer networking
- Build capacity of staff to understand, articulate and deliver on philanthropic goals of your YMCA
- Have staff with enhanced professional skills including goal-setting, organization, public speaking, fundraising and more
- Support staff development assisted by external specialists
- Increase visibility of your YMCA through recognition at NAYDO conference
- Required Virtual Sessions during the Conference if selected for the program:
- Optional Activities:
Young Professionals Network
This experience is open to all YMCA staff under age 40 and
involves 3 to 4 activities not related or during the conference
between September 2020 and August 2021. Details of activities will
be posted on this page as they are confirmed and those who have
signed-up will receive a notification email as well.
"NAYDO exposed our young professionals to the world of YMCA professional fundraising. I was able to connect with Tom Madeyski, Ken O'Kelley and John Duntley and get engaged in the camping committee. This is great exposure for a young professional as well as a great opportunity for these men to mentor the future generation of YMCA leadership."
YP Class of 2017