Young Professionals Class of 2024
There is no additional cost beyond the conference registration fee.
Application Form - Deadline to Submit is December 6, 2023
If you have unique circumstances that caused you to miss the deadline (i.e new hire), contact the NAYDO Office at email@example.com regarding late application options.
2024 Young Professional Class Coordinator: Courtney Cordero (YPP Alumni), YMCA of San Diego County
2024 Young Professional Alumni Coordinator: Abby Waeiss, YPP Alumni, YMCA of Greater Indianapolis
Young Professional Program NAYDO Council Liaison: Carrie Rossman, YMCA of the Rockies
The Young Professionals Program offers NAYDO Members who are YMCA staff (part or full time) between the ages of 21 and 31 (by August 31, 2024) an exceptional conference experience focused on networking, professional development and mentoring.
Through this program, NAYDO Young Professionals set personal goals and outcomes for their time at the conference, connect with peers and mentors from around the world, increase capacity to deliver on philanthropic goals at their Y and deepen their understanding of and commitment to a culture of philanthropy. If selected, attendance is required during the conference at the following sessions:
Wednesday, April 3 4:30 - 5:30 pm Class of 2024 Orientation
Thursday, April 4 8:30 - 10:15 am Hot Topics
Round A: Young Professionals Career Track Topics
Round B: Mentoring with a Seasoned Y Professional is NOT required but available.
Friday, April 5 2:30 - 3:30 pm Young Professionals Class of 2024 Philanthropy Forum
Though not required, Class of 2024 applicants are strongly encouraged to sign-up for the Under 40 Philanthropy Live! Project Children's Hospital Colorado which takes place on Wednesday, April 3 from 12:30 - 4:00 pm.
Since its inception at the NAYDO 2010 Conference, 320 young professionals have completed the program. See if you know any of our active Young Professionals Alumni on the YP Alumni Roster.
Young Professionals – As a result of your participation you will:
- Receive priority consideration if you apply for conference financial assistance.
- Determine personal goals and outcomes for the conference with your supervisor
- Receive a recommended customized schedule of workshops to attend based on your goals
- Be recognized for completion of the program as a member of the Class of 2024 if you participate in the required sessions.
Supervisors – As a result of supporting a Young Professional’s participation you will:
- Cultivate more committed, engaged staff with the potential to positively impact staff retention rates
- Provide training opportunities at no additional cost to your association through webinars, mentoring opportunities and peer networking
- Build capacity of staff to understand, articulate and deliver on philanthropic goals of your YMCA
- Have staff with enhanced professional skills including goal-setting, organization, public speaking, fundraising and more
- Support staff development assisted by external specialists
- Increase visibility of your YMCA through recognition at NAYDO conference