Close to 250 people volunteer their time each year to help with one or more aspects of the conference. Volunteering is not just for currently employed staff attending the conference. We welcome current and former staff as well as YMCA retirees. Check out the new Alumni and Retiree Team (ART) below.
(advance and onsite work)
Key leadership roles are appointed by the NAYDO Council more than 18 months in advance of the conference dates, but there are many other positions on the committee that are recruited early in the year of the conference and some during the conference itself at the meeting held on Friday for those interested in serving for the following years. Besides the Chair for each of these categories there is a team of volunteers who assist. Currently the teams are:
- Educational Tracks (deans are recruited for each track)
- General Sessions/Keynotes
- Communications Awards
- Session Volunteers (Workshop Conveners and Hosts)
- Philanthropy Live!
- International Components
- Hot Topics
- VIP (Volunteer in Philanthropy) Program
- Young Professionals Program
- Host Y Volunteers
The committee holds monthly conference calls and key leaders meet for a 1-day planning meeting at NAYDO’s expense in June at the conference site.
Volunteer Positions During the Conference
(sign up on registration form unless otherwise noted)
- Present a workshop (Call for Presentation is available at the conference each year with a May deadline for submitting proposals for consideration) (Alexis Lux at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Facilitate a Hot Topic table discussion (Kathe Elwell at email@example.com or Kelly Balconi at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Assist with registration (Heidi Brasher at email@example.com)
- Serve as a workshop convener (introduces speaker) or workshop host (usher for participants) (Sheri Noer at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sign up for Philanthropy Live! (Courtney Cordero at email@example.com)
- Serve as a Host Y greeter - Each year the host YMCA(s) involves driving distance Ys in the host Y volunteer opportunities (Loena Baranoski at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Serve as a Mentor in the Young Professional Mentoring Lounge (Elizabeth Martin at email@example.com)
Contact Mary Zoller in the NAYDO Office for more details about any of these roles or the Coordinator indicated.
Alumni and Retirees Team (ART)For Former YMCA Staff and YMCA Retirees
Are you a former YMCA staff member or a YMCA retiree? We welcome your involvement as a volunteer at the conference. We have involved YMCA retirees and alumni (former Y staff) for the last two years and are ready to recognize the Alumni and Retirees Team (ART) as an official volunteer group at the 2017 Conference.
If you would like to get involved in the 2017 San Diego Conference or the 2018 conference in New Orleans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504 464 7845.