Young Professionals ProgramSponsor: Gro Development
The Young Professionals Program offers NAYDO Members between the ages of 21 and 31 a unique and exceptional conference experience focused on networking,professional development and mentoring
Through this program, NAYDO Young Professionals will set personal goals and outcomes for their time at the conference, connect with peers and mentors from around the world, increase capacity to ddeliver on philanthropic goals at their Y and deepen their understanding of and commitment to a culture of philanthropy. For the supervisors of young professionals, this is a unique opportunity to invest in young staff members to advance the culture of philanthropy through a new generation of professionals.
Since its inception at the NAYDO 2010 Conference, 181 young professionals have completed the program. See if you know any of our active Young Professionals Alumni on the YP Alumni Roster.
Young Professionals – As a result of your participation you will:
- Receive priority consideration if you apply for conference financial assistance.
- Determine personal goals and outcomes for the conference with your supervisor
- Receive a recommended customized schedule of workshops to attend based on your goals
- Have the opportunity to participate in a pre-Conference (Wednesday afternoon) Philanthropy Live! service project with fellow Young Professionals
- Participate in a evening specifically for young professionals from 7:00 – 9:00 pm on the opening night of the conference (Wednesday, April 26) with the first portion being a reception with Alumni of the program followed by a dinner for the Class of 2017.
- Discover numerous opportunities to network not only with other young professionals but with recognized leaders in the YMCA movement
- Have the opportunity to volunteer for registration – a great place to meet people!!
- Be recognized at the conference
- Be invited to communicate with others in the program through calls/e-mail/etc.
Supervisors – As a result of supporting a Young Professional’s participation you will:
- Cultivate more committed, engaged staff with the potential to positively impact staff retention rates
- Provide training opportunities at no additional cost to your association through webinars, mentoring opportunities and peer networking
- Build capacity of staff to understand, articulate and deliver on philanthropic goals of your YMCA
- Have staff with enhanced professional skills including goal-setting, organization, public speaking, fundraising and more
- Support staff development assisted by external specialists
- Increase visibility of your YMCA through recognition at NAYDO conference
- Please NOTE: Young Professionals are required to attend the following three sessions if selected for the program:
- Wednesday 7:00 - 9:00 pm Reception with Alumni/Dinner
- Thursday 8:15 - 9:00 am Hot Topics -Round A
- Friday 3:45 -5:00 pm Philanthropy Forum for Young (Round 7 workshops) Professionals Class of 2017
Download the 2017 Young Professionals Program Application
Application Deadline: December 5, 2016
If it is past this deadline and you have unique circumstances that caused you to miss it (example: new hire), contact the NAYDO Office at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding late application options.
Questions about the program? Contact NAYDO Office or
Michelle LaRue, Young Professionals Chair, email@example.com, Elizabeth Martin, NAYDO Young Professionals Alumni Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.