Dinner Options During Conference
The Gaylord has several eating establishments from casual to fine dining onsite, so you never have to leave our conference site unless you want to explore the 40+ nearby National Harbor restaurants all within walking distance of the Gaylord. Washington D.C. offers every type of dining imaginable but will require ride share or taxi to get there.
Wednesday, April 1 is the perfect time to dine with your network group or others beyond your own YMCA. Networks have the option of planning their own dinners either in advance or during the Power Hour in person on Wednesday afternoon. Check with your Network’s Coordinator(s). Remember there will be light food/snacks at the Exhibits NOW Reception.
Thursday, April 2 is the ideal night for a delegation dinner. If your Y is not planning to do that, consider these options:
1. Go to Hot Topics Happy Hour where some of the discussion groups will extend their discussions as they go out to dinner later that evening
2. Sign-up on the registration form for Busboys & Poets Dinner for $50 that also includes a tour of YMCA Anthony Bowen. Transportation, dinner and tour included.
3. Sign-up on registration form by February 19 to join international attendees for dinner (locations to be determined) – a wonderful networking opportunity and a great way to learn more about impact of the Y worldwide!
4. Consider a Potomac River Dinner Cruise. Cost is approximately $100. Sign-up directly with Spirit of Washington at www.spiritcruises.com/washington-dc. The Gaylord Concierage desk can help you get to the cruise departure location.
5. There are numerous restaurants within the National Harbor area close to the Gaylord as well as restaurants inside the Gaylord if you do not want to venture out.
Friday, April 3 is the Daxkonian: FridayParty sponsored by Daxko which will have heavy hors d’oeuvres that can easily serve as dinner but you can also stop by this Friday Party on your way to one of the many restaurants available in the area.
Need recommendations on restaurants for a group dinner? Contact email@example.com or call NAYDO Office at 504 464 7845.